Friday, June 25, 2010

Hold Them Loosely

We hold our dreams clutched in our fists, colorful balloons tied to the earth with strings of hard work and desire.

Everybody's is different..color coordinated, random, a few, or many, but they're all ours....we carry them with us, bouncing above our heads. So often, they tug against us, fighting winds of change and doubt. But we hold tight. These our are dreams after all.

But what if God has bigger dreams?

What if God wants to trade one of your balloons for a better one? Something bigger, something brighter. You assume you already have the best dreams, but you haven't seen them all yet, only
He has.

When I graduated high school 3 years ago I had so many plans, so many dreams...and you know what? The dreams I'm holding now are completley different.

It was hard to let go of my old desires, I'd carried them for so long, but in the end I'm so glad I did...I didn't know - I just DIDN'T KNOW. I could have saved so many tears, so many worries, if only I'd held the ropes of my dreams loosely from the beginning. Instead I held on with all the stubborness in my little heart, forcing Him to pry a finger away at a time.

So friends, dream your dreams, and make your plans. But hold them loosely - God may want to trade you for something better...something much better!

3 comments:

  1. This blog is simply amazing and you nailed it! I did not expect to be where I am today, but I wouldn't change it for the world! We just need to learn to let go and let God take control! Carrie Underwood has a song, "Jesus Take the Wheel" and the words could not be more true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so beautifully! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my painter with words: You rock. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete