Monday, April 5, 2010

The Sisterhood


It was the night before I was leaving for Dallas. I was curled into my mattress, trying to leave one last imprint of myself. Riley was turning back and forth on the top bunk trying to get comftorable, the sides of the bed creaking in protest. She threw her phone down to Sloan on the floor and as she caught it I heard Sloan say, "Welcome to the sisterhood, Kylee!" and then Riley's voice floating above me, "Yeah, welcome to the sisterhood!" It made me smile and smoothed away the anxiety pricking at my skin.

I've never felt so comftorable in a new place as quickly as I do here, and I owe it all to the Brandons, especially the girls. They inspire me to see myself the way God created me to be. They make me laugh until I can't breathe. And they love me for who I am, annoying fears and all!

This past weekend, the girls, their mom, and I were out shopping. As we were trying on matching shoes (we couldn't say no to turquoise) the sales girl asked if we were all sisters. We explained that they were and I was a friend...
But on the inside, I couldn't help but smile. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment