Thursday, April 19, 2012

Change should be Easier by Now

Last day of class today. Ever ever. 
I tried to hum along with radio, as I drove out of the 
parking lot, so I could pretend like my throat didn't ache. 
Tapped underneath my eyes,
to remind the tears they were not welcome. 

Because I'm grown up, and change should be easier by now. 
Instead I find good-bye's still taste as sharply bittersweet 
as they ever did,
and memories cling to my heels with urgent hands. 

I'm anticipating the coming adventure,
but thankful, so thankful, for lessons learned here. 

1 comment:

  1. I am imagine today was bittersweet, a move forward, and yet a great part of your life done. Congratulations on your graduation. That is an accomplishment that should be acknowledged! You will do GREAT things. Change is never easy, trust me. But you will adapt and find that life has a winding road with new adventures waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete