Monday, June 6, 2011

Brother Understands

I hang my legs through the window,
painfully pale,
as he drags on his cigarette,
soft smoke,
drifting across my lap.

We trade thoughts like
playing cards,
lazily throwing them down
for the other to observe.

We dig out the pockets of pain,
brush off faded hopes,
and sit in silence,
to avoid being alone.

It's a treasure,
having someone to hold your thoughts,
when they've become too heavy,
a person to lean on
when you need a breath.


Life is lighter,
when you're understood.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...we were waiting at your bros to see you on Saturday, wish we could catch eachother one of these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your blogging! I love talking to someone when they complete "get it" and you don't have to worry about being judges and I'm so glad you have someone like that in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so wonderful. All the time.

    ReplyDelete