Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Start

"Take courage. Do not fear. Start a new life tomorrow. Put the old mistakes away, and start anew. I give you a fresh start. Be not burdened. Be not anxious. If My forgiveness were for the righteous only, and those who had not sinned, where would be its need?...Why do you fret and worry so? I wait to give you all that is lovely, but your lives are soiled with worry and fret. You would crush my treasures. I can only bless glad, thankful hearts."

-God Calling


In recent weeks I have found myself walking on the outskirts of God's love, weary to make eye contact. In my subconscious, I always thought christianity was about the level of perfection you could offer up to Him -

I am all about perfection. No expectation should be less. No mistake should be accepted.


But I'm learning the hard way, turning it over in my hands waiting for it to be familiar - God's grace is not because I deserve it, not because of my perfection, or my effort for it.


Even as my skin feels muddied, my heart seemingly ruined...
He finds me worth loving,
a thought still uncomfortable. but true.


"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

-Matthew 9:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment