Sunday, August 29, 2010

He Sees

She sits, back to the wall
exposed skin hot
against cool tile.
A melted mess of tears,
and pain and hate.
Jagged metal.
Burgundy beads
dripping to the floor.
Burn
Burn
Burn
and
eventually
Numb.

She lifts her face to the ceiling.
"Do you see?" she asks of God now.

Will He finally see, she is nothing. Nothing worth loving. Northing worth keeping.

And in the morning she found his reply among the pages,
"All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you."
(Song of songs 4:7)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if I'll keep this up...this is very raw. But it is also very real. I'm not ashamed to tell you, I just don't know if you can handle hearing it.
Sometimes, I still believe lies. Sometimes, I forget who I am and what I am worth. Sometimes I return to old habits instead of clinging to my Father.
But I get back up and try again.

And maybe I had to break for me to really know this... but He sees. He sees everything I can't.

4 comments:

  1. i too could have written my own version of that...
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you dearest.
    and i'm praying for your heart.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong! I know things are hard and everything is changing so fast for you. You are worth so much. Praying for you daily!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. a-maz-ing! love you pookie. and ill be praying!

    ReplyDelete